This is a minor update. Here's what's new:
- Fixed missing weather icons for a few weather conditions (e.g., Heavy Rain).
- Fixed date format and some spelling mistakes in the Danish translation.
- Added Dutch translation (thanks Jan-Willem van Velzen).
If you have any comments or find any other bugs, please leave them in the comments or contact us for support. Since the current app is about to be discontinued, we are probably not able to fix them and release any more updates, but we will take them into consideration when we design and develop the new version. Thank you.
Update: The current Fancy Widget has been discontinued. Please stay tuned for our new version. Thank you.
All right, here is yet another update. It fixes the auto-refresh issue and also includes a Russian translation (thanks Alex Dzyavun). Please update as soon as possible and don't forget to update your backup. Sorry for the inconvenience and hopefully there will be no more updates.
After the last update yesterday, we still got reports that the manual refresh did not work properly (e.g., force closes). Since I could reproduce the problem neither under the emulator nor with my Droid, it was somewhat difficult to locate and fix the bug. As manual refresh is important to many uses, I decided to investigate and really fix it before removing the widget from the market. So here is v1.2.6, which (hopefully) addressed the manual refresh issue at last. In this update, another change is that the update service will not be killed by the system when it is running low on memory. However, this only applies to pre 2.0 systems, and is useful for G1 users that constantly have freeze issues. Also included in this version is a Danish translation (thanks Gert Nielsen).
Although it is discussed in the FAQ, I still get many questions about the time freeze. Please make sure that you add the widget to the ignore list of any task managers. Otherwise, the widget would be killed and thus will not update.
Again, please update to the latest version as soon as possible, and don't forget to also update your backup. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Based on users' requests and feedback, we decided to do this final update before we remove the widget from the market. This is mainly a bugfix release. Now here's what's new:
- Fixed force close when doing a manual refresh.
- Fixed a bug for auto refresh.
- Improved landscape layout. The weather icons are now a bit smaller in landscape mode, so that they will not be cut off at the bottom.
- Fixed date format in French translation.
- Added Traditional Chinese translation (Special thanks to Kavin Chen).
Please update to this version as soon as possible since the widget will be removed soon. If you still have any graphics issue or other problems with auto/manual refresh, please try to uninstall the widget and re-install it from the market. Also, if you have done a backup of the previous version, please remove the old backup and do another one for the new version.
Finally, we would like to share with you some of the things that we are working on and some highly requested features that we plan to bring to future versions of our new widget.
- Weather animations.
- Alternative widget sizes (e.g., 4 x 1).
- Option to change themes/skins.
So thanks again for your support, and stay tuned for our new version!
With the release of this update, we are also here to share with you some bad news. Due to HTC's complaint, the current version of Fancy Widget will soon be discontinued and removed from the market. This is the last update to the current version, and we suggest everyone upgrade to this version as soon as possible. Here is what's new:
- Fixed a bug which may lead to ANR (Application Not Responding) on manual refresh.
- Fixed (hopefully) an auto refresh problem.
- Fixed an issue that leads to time freeze in some rare cases.
- Added French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Simplified Chinese translations.
We would like to extend our thanks and appreciation to Michael Crombeen, Max Jürgens, YoungHoon Park, Erick Petrucelli, Piotr Snopek, and Marco Zambon for their help with the localization.
We also want to thank everyone who donated or supported us. Thanks for all the suggestions, comments and bug reports. You helped us make Fancy Widget better and better.
Although we are discontinuing the current Fancy Widget, we are still working on this project. A new version will come back shortly with our own designs. If you want to keep the current version, please backup the application with file managers like ASTRO. We will later announce new versions here, so please follow the latest updates on our website. Thank you.
This is just a small bug fix update. It fixes the bug in v1.2 that might cause a crash when doing a manual refresh.
Please update to v1.2.1 as soon as possible. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
The new Fancy Widget v1.2 is released and it brings a couple of important fixes as well as some new features.
Here's what new:
- Fixed the time freeze issue.
- Fixed landscape layout for WVGA and FWVGA devices. If you are running Froyo and using an alternative launcher (e.g., Launcher Pro, Helix Launcher, and ADW Launcher), please go to advanced settings and enable compatibility mode.
- Fixed the bug that prevents weather information to show up for certain cities (e.g., Leeds, UK).
- Fixed the bug that the location sometimes fails to update even on manual refresh.
- Fixed the bug that GPS location updates failed to work.
- Fixed missing weather icon for the "Isolated Thunderstorms" condition.
- Fixed the issue that long city names will overlap with the weather icon. When the name of city is too long, it will now be truncated and ellipsized.
- Reduced file size for the app widget. The size of the new version is smaller than half of the previous version. I know some of you Froyo users want to move the app to SD card, but this feature does not make sense for widgets (as is also suggested by Google).
- New: When tapping on the weather forecast, you will be directed to the weather.com mobile website instead of the full website.
- New: option to launch selected applications when tapping on the date and weather icon. Since the date displaying area is quite small and a little difficult to touch, the effective area is extended to the lower right corner including the current, high and low temperatures.
That's it for now. Again, if you have any questions, please read the FAQ below or contact us for support.
This is a minor update with a few bug fixes and some new features. Here's what's new:
- Fixed a bug that may lead to force close when sharing contacts.
- Added option to move app to SD card. (Froyo only)
- Added Simplified Chinese translation.
Please post any comments or email me if you have any questions.
Thanks for all the suggestions and bug reports. We have been working on this new version for a while, and now it is finally here. This is a major update that fixed some serious issues.
What's new in v1.1:
- Fixed the clock number size inconsistent problem.
- Fixed the issue that caused weather information to disappear.
- New: Added the option to launch your own application when tapping on the clock.
- Changed the default action to launch the config screen by tapping on the clock.
- New: Added more refresh interval options. Default refresh rate changed to 2 hours.
- Fixed landscape layout for WVGA devices (e.g., Nexus One, Droid Incredible).
- Improved layout for QVGA devices (e.g., HTC Tattoo).
- Fixed a bug which led to incorrect refresh status on the config screen.
If you have any questions, please feel free to check out the FAQ below or leave your questions in the comments.