The new Fancy Widget v1.2 is released and it brings a couple of important fixes as well as some new features.
Here's what new:
- Fixed the time freeze issue.
- Fixed landscape layout for WVGA and FWVGA devices. If you are running Froyo and using an alternative launcher (e.g., Launcher Pro, Helix Launcher, and ADW Launcher), please go to advanced settings and enable compatibility mode.
- Fixed the bug that prevents weather information to show up for certain cities (e.g., Leeds, UK).
- Fixed the bug that the location sometimes fails to update even on manual refresh.
- Fixed the bug that GPS location updates failed to work.
- Fixed missing weather icon for the "Isolated Thunderstorms" condition.
- Fixed the issue that long city names will overlap with the weather icon. When the name of city is too long, it will now be truncated and ellipsized.
- Reduced file size for the app widget. The size of the new version is smaller than half of the previous version. I know some of you Froyo users want to move the app to SD card, but this feature does not make sense for widgets (as is also suggested by Google).
- New: When tapping on the weather forecast, you will be directed to the weather.com mobile website instead of the full website.
- New: option to launch selected applications when tapping on the date and weather icon. Since the date displaying area is quite small and a little difficult to touch, the effective area is extended to the lower right corner including the current, high and low temperatures.
That's it for now. Again, if you have any questions, please read the FAQ below or contact us for support.