Fancy Widgets v3.2
is now on the Android Market. Here's what this update brings:
For all users:
- Added a new option to hide sunrise/sunset time on the 4x4 forecast widget.
- Added a new option for error reporting in advanced settings. This option is turned on by default, so that when a force close occurs, an error report is automatically sent to us.
- The Fancy Widgets Market is now available to everyone. You may download and install skins conveniently from within the app. However, the selection of skins is limited to a few in the free version. If you enjoy the skins and would like to try hundreds more, please consider upgrading to the full version.
- Tweaked various widget layouts and refined forecast/moonphase screen.
- Added detection of Samsung TouchWiz launcher. The 4x2 and 4x4 widgets will use a more compact layout when TouchWiz is your default launcher.
- Fixed a bug where sunrise/sunset time does not appear on the 4x4 forecast widget in some cases.
- Updated some language translations.
- Fixed some other bugs.
For full version only:
- Fixed a few bugs with backup and restore settings.
- Fixed a bug where the installed skin list does not refresh after removing skins.
- Added language translations for the time zone list.
- Added new temperature notification icons.
For skin developers, a new skin dev guide is now available for download, which documents features of the new skin engine in Fancy Widgets. In version 3.x, we have significantly enhanced the skin system, and here're some highlights:
- We added support for nine patch graphics as widget background. When widgets are stretched or resized, these nine patch images are able to scale properly without loss of quality. Although the widgets will automatically detect and apply this new type of skins, they still recognize traditional skins if you decide not to take advantage of this new feature.
- Clock skins may now specify widget style and text color.
- Weather skins may contain different moon phase images.
- A new dedicated donation button is added if you accept donations.
Please download the new skin dev guide and use it for your future skin submissions: Skin Dev Guide.
Finally, here's some good news for users who purchased Fancy Widget Pro from the Amazon Appstore. Amazon has heard your feedback and is now actively working with us to make the upgrade possible. Hopefully, we will add a new unlock option for Amazon users soon. Thanks for your patience.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or bug reports, please don’t post them in the comments. Head over to our forum and post them there.