Another new version of Fancy Widgets has hit the Android Market. Here is what the update brings:
For all users:
- New: geocoder option. If you observe inaccurate or even incorrect location reading on the widgets, it is very likely a geocoder issue. With this new option, you may now choose your preferred geocoder and find out which one works best for you. However, when your preferred geocoder fails, another geocoder may take effect. In the free version, the weather provider is Google, and if you choose "Weather provider" as the geocoder, it uses the default geocoder from Google, which is essentially the same as choosing "Google". Note that the geocoder option only applies to your primary location and it is only effective when the geolocation option is enabled. You may find this option in location settings, and it replaces the "Enable alternative geocoder" option in advanced settings.
- New: option to apply clock skin widget style. This option is enabled by default so that when you apply a new clock skin, the widget style specified by the skin will be automatically applied.
- New: option to apply clock skin text color. This option is also enabled by default so that when you apply a new clock skin, the text color specified by the skin will be automatically applied.
- New: option for widget layout size. The default setting is automatic, which means the widget will try to detect your default launcher and use the appropriate layout size accordingly. For example, the Samsung TouchWiz launcher has smaller area available for widgets, so the widget would use a compact layout. If you are using a non-stock or third-party launcher (e.g., MIUI launcher) and notice overlapping on the widgets, you may manually set the layout size to compact for better results. Currently, this option only applies to Fancy Widgets 4x2 (flip style) and Fancy Widgets 4x4.
- New: option to select language. You may now choose any of the 20+ supported languages in advanced settings.
- New: support for qHD screens (e.g., HTC Sensation/EVO 3D).
- Enhanced and refined default skins.
- Enabled fast scrolling for skin list.
- Fixed the alarm clock tap action for Samsung TouchWiz.
- Fixed the calendar tap action for HTC Sense.
- Other bugfixes.
For full version only:
- New: support for battery skins. You may download and choose battery skins in Settings > Appearance settings > Battery skin.
- New: option to show feel temperature on widgets. When enabled, the widget will display the "Feels Like" (WeatherBug) or "Real Feel" (AccuWeather) temperature instead of the actual temperature reading. This option does not apply to Google Weather.
- New: option to show live temperature range. When enabled, the widget will display the current temperature range instead of today's forecast temperature range. This option does not apply to Google Weather.
- Fixed a force close bug with unlock animations.
The skin developer's guide has also been updated to provide information and guidelines for battery skins. Please download it here for your reference.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or bug reports, please don’t post them in the comments. Head over to our forum and post them there.